Dramabaazi 2012 is back!!
In June 2010, Thespo started an initiative for children from the age group of 8 to 14 years. This initiative was called Dramabaazi – a workshop for kids that will culminate into a performance.
The playshop was conducted by the young thespian Director Abhishek Saha.
The script was developed by Akash Mohimen, who sat on workshop sessions, and closely observed the children for traits in their character.
From situations born out of fantasies and questions expressed by the children the script idea was born and Akash did a fantastic job of making a fantastic tale-
The Mighty Mirembayanna and The Prisoners of Peace.
- The playshop will run from 1st May to 4th June 2012.
- This will be followed by shows at Prithvi Theatre on 5th and 6th June 2012.
- The sessions will be held 4-6 days per week at Prabhadevi.
- Each session will be between 2-4 hours. The sessions will get more intensive closer to the days of performance
- Initial sessions will cover icebreaker and warm up exercises followed by some interactive theatre games aimed at bringing the participants to work as a team.
- Abhishek Saha and 3-4 Dramabaazi co-coordinators will mainly lead these exercises.
- Slowly the text (play script) will be introduced in the sessions as topics for improvisations, storytelling, song writing and general discussions.
- The latter half of the sessions will focus on rehearsing the play for the public performances and the playshop will culminate with shows.
For more details call on +91 9930666332 or mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org